The offices of Z Urology are here to help you deal with many urological issues. One of the most common issues that male patients come into our offices for is for prostate cancer. Prostate cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in men. It occurs in the prostate. The prostate is a small walnut-shaped gland that produces the seminal fluid that nourishes and transports sperm. Prostate cancer usually grows slowly and initially remains confined to the prostate gland, where it may not cause serious harm. However, once it begins to grow quickly and spreads outside the prostate, it can be dangerous.
In its early stages, prostate cancer can be treated at Z Urology of South Florida with very good chances for survival. Fortunately, approximately 85% of American men with prostate cancer are diagnosed in an early stage of the disease.
Prostate Cancer Symptoms
In its early stages, prostate cancer may not cause symptoms. But more advanced prostate cancer typically have the following symptoms:
- Urination issues
- Decreased force in the stream of urine
- Blood in the semen
- Blood in the urine
- Pain in the lower back, hips, or thighs
- Discomfort in the pelvic area
- Bone pain
- Erectile dysfunction
While doctor’s are doing their best to know what causes prostate cancer, the following factors increase the risk of developing prostate cancer:
- Old age
- African-American, Caribbean, or African ancestry
- Family history of prostate or breast cancer
- Diets rich in meat and dairy products
Call Z Urology If You Are Experiencing
- Painful urination
- Chronic pain in your lower back, pelvis, upper thighbones, or other bones
- Unexplained weight loss
- Swelling in legs
- Weakness in legs or difficulty walking
Two initial tests that are commonly used to look for prostate cancer in the absence of symptoms are:
- A digital rectal exam (DRE) where the doctor feels the prostate through the rectum to find hard or lumpy areas known as nodules.
- A prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test in which a blood sample is drawn to detect if high than normal levels of PSA (a substance naturally produced by your prostate) is present.
If you feel you are in need of anything regarding prostate cancer, then contact Z Urology for a group that is dedicated to delivering world-class expertise in urology, along with an unwavering commitment to their patients. The three locations to choose from are located in Fort Lauderdale, Coral Springs, and Pompano Beach.
You can go to the website directly and set up an appointment or you can call 954-714-8200. Either way, you contact, you will be setting up to see the leading urologist office in all of South Florida. With an extremely talented and professional staff of doctors and more, you are in truly good hands with the doctors and nurses at Z Urology. Z Urology is your leader in urological care. Go ahead and call now!