Erectile Dysfunction (ED), is the inability to maintain an erection required for sexual intercourse. ED effects millions of men throughout the country and it is perfectly normal for someone to experience symptoms of such during their lives. Erectile Dysfunction is directly impacted by your life. Many of these symptoms may be traced back to something psychological or stressful within your life. In situations such as these, ED symptoms will occasionally appear but not be hindering your sexual health completely. If you suffer, or believe to be having symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction, it is important to talk to your Urologist to solve these issues.
Symptoms and Impacts of ED
Erectile Dysfunction is in fact a physical issue that disables you from obtaining or maintaining an erection. However, these physical malfunctions can cause lasting psychological, social and mental health conditions. It is important to take note of the amount of times symptoms of erectile dysfunction surface. If you are experiencing these issues more than 50% of the time, this is likely caused by a physical or mental problem and should be discussed with your South Florida Urologist. Here are some of the symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction:
- Difficulty when attempting to obtain an erection.
- Trouble with maintaining an erection.
- Lower amounts of sexual desire
Treatments of ED
There are multiple different treatments for erectile dysfunction that all have their own purpose depending on the cause. Here are a few different options of treatments and reasons for why they are used:
- Medications – Oral medications are usually prescribed when there is an obvious difficulty for the stimulation of blood into the penis.
- Therapy – Many times erectile dysfunction is directly associated with stress and anxiety. For these situations, therapy is a good start for treatment. Any symptoms that are able to dissipate by not using any medications or surgeries are ideal.
- Penile Prosthesis – Also known as penis implants. These devices are surgically implanted into the penis for those who’s ED symptoms are not aided by any other means.
If you believe you are having any symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction contact your South Florida Urologist at Z Urology. Z Urology has locations all over South Florida including Fort Lauderdale, Coral Springs and Pompano Beach!