One of the most sensitive subjects for all men is their sexual health. Most people don’t like to admit that they have a sexual dysfunction issue. For men, it consists of being unable to obtain an erection, maintain an erection or even an overall lower sexual desire. This lower sexual desire is sometimes reinforced by the mindset of the man going through the erectile dysfunction symptoms. Erectile Dysfunction (ED) actually effects around 30 million men through the United States. However, there are solutions to fixing the issues with ED and it all comes to narrowing down the cause of it all.
What are the Symptoms and Causes of ED?
In order for a healthy erection to take place, there must be properly functioning nerves to the penis, adequate blood circulation into the penis, a stimulus from the brain and the veins within the penis must be able to hold onto the blood circulating. If any of these processes are incomplete, then you may have difficulty obtaining and maintaining an erection. Now, the causes of ED may be very vast. Your sexual health traces back to your physical and psychological health as well. Therefore, if you are experiencing any problems with any of these, then that may be the cause of erectile dysfunction. For example:
- Physical Causes
- Alcohol or Tobacco use
- Heart Disease
- Psychological Causes
- Depression and/or Anxiety
- Relationship Problems
What are the Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction?
Once the source of the issue is slightly narrowed down, action may be taken to treat ED. There have been all types of successful treatments for erectile dysfunction including:
- Penile Prosthesis
- Testosterone Therapy
- Psychological Therapy
- Penile Injections
These are a few of the different ways that Urologists will treat a patient with erectile dysfunction. If you are suffering from, or believe to be having symptoms of ED, then contact a Z Urology as soon as possible!
Penile Prosthesis is usually a last resort when confronting symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction impacts hundreds of thousands of men every year and can be caused by a number of reasons. Emotional issues, stress, underlying health concerns and many more problems could be a cause of erectile dysfunction. Most of these cases may be treated through other means such as medication and therapy. However, if all else fails, your Urologist may recommend a penile prosthesis procedure in order to solve your erectile dysfunction problems. Penile Prosthesis is another term for a Penis Implant and can be implemented in a few different ways.
What are the Different Types of Penile Prosthesis?
Penis implants are taken into account if no other treatments for erectile dysfunction are having success. The two main forms of penis implants consist of an inflatable penile implant and the semirigid penile implant. Here we’ll go into detail about these two procedures.
- Inflatable Penile Implant – These inflatable implants that are pumped up prior to any sexual activities. Usually, the inflatable penile implants will consist of three attachments. There will be a reservoir under the abdominal wall that will hold fluid. Next, there will be a pump and release valve inside of the scrotum to control the fluid that will be used for inflation. Finally, the inflatable cylinders that will maintain your erection.
- Semirigid Penile Implants – A semirigid penile implant usually consists of rods that remain firm at all times. These are used by simply bending the penis in either an upward or downward position.
Other Options for Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
The causes of erectile dysfunction can come from a variety of areas within a man’s life. From underlying physical problems to psychological issues. If there are psychological factors impacting your life, then your Urologist may recommend a therapist to speak to you about depression, stress and anxiety. On the other hand, an underlying physical condition may require surgery or medication in order to heal the issue. Once these options have been attempted without success, your Urologist may consider a penile prosthesis.
Erectile Dysfunction (ED), is the inability to maintain an erection required for sexual intercourse. ED effects millions of men throughout the country and it is perfectly normal for someone to experience symptoms of such during their lives. Erectile Dysfunction is directly impacted by your life. Many of these symptoms may be traced back to something psychological or stressful within your life. In situations such as these, ED symptoms will occasionally appear but not be hindering your sexual health completely. If you suffer, or believe to be having symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction, it is important to talk to your Urologist to solve these issues.
Symptoms and Impacts of ED
Erectile Dysfunction is in fact a physical issue that disables you from obtaining or maintaining an erection. However, these physical malfunctions can cause lasting psychological, social and mental health conditions. It is important to take note of the amount of times symptoms of erectile dysfunction surface. If you are experiencing these issues more than 50% of the time, this is likely caused by a physical or mental problem and should be discussed with your South Florida Urologist. Here are some of the symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction:
- Difficulty when attempting to obtain an erection.
- Trouble with maintaining an erection.
- Lower amounts of sexual desire
Treatments of ED
There are multiple different treatments for erectile dysfunction that all have their own purpose depending on the cause. Here are a few different options of treatments and reasons for why they are used:
- Medications – Oral medications are usually prescribed when there is an obvious difficulty for the stimulation of blood into the penis.
- Therapy – Many times erectile dysfunction is directly associated with stress and anxiety. For these situations, therapy is a good start for treatment. Any symptoms that are able to dissipate by not using any medications or surgeries are ideal.
- Penile Prosthesis – Also known as penis implants. These devices are surgically implanted into the penis for those who’s ED symptoms are not aided by any other means.
If you believe you are having any symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction contact your South Florida Urologist at Z Urology. Z Urology has locations all over South Florida including Fort Lauderdale, Coral Springs and Pompano Beach!